Ashlee's Scrapbook

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Frankenfinger

Evan's finger had a tragic accident involving a bike and disc brakes Monday night. Fortunately it is okay, but we now affectionately call it Frankenfinger. Evan is doing well. He complains more about his tetanus shot than his finger. Here are a few pictures (warning: this content is not for the faint-hearted):








These shots were taken when we went in for his re-check. The next pictures were also taken at his re-check. Look at what a good sport he is. He's even smiling (in some of them). :)







His finger is looking great and the doctor said it is healing well so far. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!




10 comments:

Jen said...

So glad to see you have entered the blogging world! Sorry to hear about your finger. poor guy. Don't worry we have you beat by a long shot, now you can empathize with your nephews better. However, I have to agree the tetnus shots hurt worse than numbing the finger. Ouch

Melanie said...

Oh that stinks about your finger! I thought the numbing shots were MUCH worse than the actual slicing of my thumb, but pain is relative I guess. See you guys soon!! Mel

Trevor Howard said...

I think it'll add some character. But talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill! Now if the finger would have been sliced off completely that would be worth of a blog entry!

Four Huffs said...

That is totally wicked!!! Love the first blog entry. I made mom go and look at it. I had to talk her through it step by step on how to get there, but I think you get more sympathy points from her. I'm sure those clippers from Target are as good as yours!!! Too bad you had to almost slice a finger off for them...oh well, whatever it takes, right?

Anonymous said...

Like the name.... frankenfinger....I was trying to figure out from the stitches how you sliced it. You will have to give us a re-enactment when you are at my house for the 4th....I know, it won't be historically accurate because you will have to use the other finger to show us...but I think it will still give us a pretty good idea what happened. hee!hee! :) Love ya!

Erin Brady said...

I like the new scrapbook! ;)

Anonymous said...

Mmm boy.

Matt and Tracy said...

Yay, you're not private anymore!! Frankenfinger was a cute name, but those pics were nasty. Ouch. I had to close my eyes....guess I;m considered faint-hearted :) Hope life is treating you well!

Brielle said...

UGH Sick--I'm happy I found your blog today though!

Erin Brady said...

For the love of all that is holy, blog again!!